Monday 18 March 2013


Last week I wrote about how busy I was, and this weeks musicmonday shows it. This week I've been listening to and discovering a lot of chilled music. I first heard this Ryan Hemsworth remix of Rhye's song 'Open' on Annie Mac's show, since then I may have been pressing the repeat button a little too often!

Next up is Josh Record's 'For Your Love' I first heard this song in a Sam Pepper video (which you should take time out to watch), at the time I didn't think of much of the song, but when I heard it again the other night on the radio, I found myself searching Youtube to hear it again. His voice reminds me ever so slightly of Bon Iver so if you are a fan of them check it out.

I first discovered James Blake back when I was in sixth form, I would occassionally listen to his music, but I never thought much of it- that is until the other day when I heard Retrograde. Although James' music might not suit everyone's tastes, this song is a definite yes for me!

Finally is Into The Wild by Lewis Watson, just like Gabrielle Aplin and the Biebs (yes I just said 'biebs'), Lewis started out on Youtube and since then has released a few EP's. After getting to the top of the iTunes charts on several occasions, he got discovered by Warner Bros. Records. and shortly after signed a contract with them. Into The Wild is the first release of his new EP, and if this song is anything to go by, I can't wait to hear the other three songs... Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment